The Official Site of the Professional Car Society Discussion Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2017 7:56 pm  #1

Hello from North East Ohio

Hello fellow "Hearse Heads". http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
 My name is Kirk and I began my love for professional cars by accident. In jr high school, my science teacher, mr moeller, took a few of us on a class related field trip. We didn't know at the time, but he drove a purple & black Cadillac hearse. A couple of the kids backed out, but my curiosity wouldn't let me, so i jumped in the back! It was the coolest school outing ever! And every since then I wanted one for myself. Over the years I have had several cars, but in the back of my mind I never forgot about that ride in mr moeller's car. Fast forward 30+ years later, on my way to church I saw an old black hearse sitting on a lawn. So after church I went by and asked about it. Turns out, it was a running and driving 1940 Pontiac Deluxe Hearse, done by Superior, right here in Ohio! The stars aligned and I drove it home. Only work I've done is change the plugs and brakes. Everything works, no dents and all the brightwork is looks great.

February 7, 2017 9:47 pm  #2

Re: Hello from North East Ohio

Sounds like a dream come true ! Way to go !

Post some photos !

Welcome to the club,
Darren

Proud PCS Member since 1993 !

February 8, 2017 4:10 pm  #3

Having a hard time posting pics. Any suggestions?

February 8, 2017 5:39 pm  #4

Kirk

When you click on the reply button to reply on a posting, at the top of the area where you type in what you want to say, there is a Upload button.
Click on that upload button,
Click on the browse button in the pop up window, it will take you to your photos,
Click on the upload now button,
Click on ad to your post button.
Then the submit button to post to the thread.

I did this just as a sample. One of my cars.

http://i65.tinypic.com/aewdwo.jpg

Proud PCS Member since 1993 !

February 11, 2017 4:49 pm  #5

Welcome to the PCS, Kirk! You got lucky finding such an old hearse in decent condition. Hope you'll post some photos soon.

Board footera