The Official Site of the Professional Car Society Discussion Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2016 4:29 pm  #1

Greetings from the Mitten

Dave Henry, from beautiful Western Michigan.  In mid 1970's I began working as an ambulance attendant part time for a private ambulance service in aMuskegon, MI.  Professional Ambulance was a privately held operation where we had a 1973 S/S Medic Mark 1, 1972 Wayne Suburban and 2 Starline Dodge Kari Van Modulars.

In 1976, I left working at the Sheriff Department and worked full time as Michigan Licensed Advanced EMT (Paramedic) for Professional.  In 1982 the ambulance service was acquired by two of the three competing non profit hospitals.  I was engaged to lead that organization until 1988 when I left to start a new career in Nursing Home Administration.

Fast forward to today, recently my desire to relive some nostalgia has piqued my interest once again in ambulances.  This time as a collector.  I am currently patiently waiting for that first "rig" to steal my heart back to 1973.

I look forward to joining PCS as an active member, very soon.

July 3, 2016 8:00 pm  #2

Re: Greetings from the Mitten

Welcome Dave !

You will be thrilled when you join the PCS and get the super thick magazine every other month !

Take your time to find the ambulance you really want and you will be glad you did.

Attend the meet in August and you will be blown away with the cars you see and the people you meet.

I joined in 1993 and still look forward to seeing members from that first years meet.

It changes your life and for the better for sure.

Make sure you plan on the February meet in Flint MI too.

Darren

Proud PCS Member since 1993 !

July 3, 2016 10:25 pm  #3

Re: Greetings from the Mitten

Welcome Dave! I completely agree with everything Darren said.  When I first met my husband, Tony Karsnia, the current PCS President, I didn't know what I was getting myself into with all this talk about hearses and ambulances. It didn't take me long to fall in love with the cars, too. This club isn't just about collecting old cars though. It is about the friendships made over the years, the shared interest in this hobby, and preserving a time when things were a lot different, and sure looked a lot cooler than today's standards.
Hopefully you are able to join us in Gettysburg, PA for the 2016 PCS International Meet in August. There is no doubt that this will be a great meet, with lots of great people, and, of course, lots of nice looking professional vehicles!

Kim 

Board footera